Converted from a Meal Mill in 1896 by Peter MacKenzie and Richard Stackpole the Dufftown distillery still keeps its lovely Victorian stone buildings. Locals often see kingfishers hunting for trout on the River Dullan which is why the emblem on Dufftown bottles is a kingfisher.
Dufftown distillery uses extremely pure spring water from Highland John’s well. In 1968 and 1980 the distillery was extended and then finally in 1999 it was extended once more and it has stayed this way since. Dufftown is now one of three distilleries which are sold under The Singleton brand, along with Glen Ord and Glendullan.