Glen Keith was built beside the Linn of Keith in 1959, next to the ruins of Milton Castle. The distillery is very attractive having being built from a former mill and using local stone. The distillery uses the water from springs on Balloch Hill and they use lightly peated malted barley.
The distillery originally was designed for triple distillation however they changed this in 1970 and now only double distil their whisky. Glen Keith do produce their own single malt, but their whisky is also used in the Chivas Regal and 100 Pipers blended whiskies.