Glenury Royal (silent)
Glenury distillery was founded in Stonehaven, south of Aberdeen by Captain William Barclay in 1825. Captain Barclay retained ownership until 1858, when he sold it to William Ritchie, whose descendants ran it until 1938. In the 1960s the distillery doubled in capacity under new ownership, before it fell victim to the massive distillery closure programme in the 1980s.
Today there is little physical evidence that Glenury distillery ever existed, save for street names of the housing development built on the site. Glenury Single Malt Whisky is occasionally seen as part of the Rare Malts range, as well as Diageo special releases, previous bottlings and independents.